Welcome back to school, feminists! FSU recently held the first meeting of the semester, a Feminist Meet & Greet!
We had a bunch of awesome folks in attendance who were meeting one another, talking about feminism and feminist issues, and we all learned new things.
If you weren’t able to attend the meeting, here are some of the questions we discussed:
- What does feminism mean to you?
- Who is your feminist role model?
- Why do you think people are afraid of the word “feminist”?
- What are some of the problematic aspects of the feminist movement (past and present)?
- What do you think more people should know about feminism?
Our next meeting will be held on February 8 and we will be discussing the intersection of feminism and hip-hop! Be sure not to miss this – it will at 6pm in the Women’s Center!